A circular double-storey with an interesting past, the Water Tower sits in a pleasant garden in the heart of Nieu Bethesda. This quirky building was first a water tower and then a Buddhist meditation room. With whitewashed walls and wooden floors, it is a calm and clean space from which to enjoy the famous Karoo sky, day or night.
The Water Tower sleeps two on a queen-size bed in the room upstairs adjoining the sun/stardeck. The kitchenette is below with the private shower and composting toilet attached. Do some stargazing on the deck before creeping under your crisp cotton sheets, lamb’s wool duvets and mohair blanket.
The Water Tower can accommodate 2 guests.
GPS : 31° 52' 2.61" S / 24° 33' 8.32" E
Please note: these co-ordinates and directions take you to the Karoo Lamb which is the reception for this property.
- Take the N9 towards Middelburg
- After 31 km turn left onto the Nieu Bethesda Road
- As you enter the village (where the fields end) turn first left, follow the road round to the right and the Karoo Lamb is on the left at the end of the block.
- Take the N9 towards Graaff-Reinet
- After 56 km turn right onto the Nieu Bethesda Road
- Enter the village (where the fields begin) and continue to the T-junction
- Turn right and continue four blocks
- Turn left at the T-junction and the Karoo Lamb is the first on the right.