Date: 25th October 2013 to 27th October 2013
The Sasol / Stretton’s Gin Karoo Birding Weekend will take place between 25 and 27 October 2013. in the Karoo National Park, Beaufort West.
- Cost: R450 p/p. This includes registration fee, welcome drinks on Friday night and a gala dinner on Saturday evening, but does not include accommodation or the daily conservation fee for those who do not have a valid wild card.
- The idea is light-hearted competition, having fun and experiencing the Karoo and its LBJ’s.
- Participants need to book their own accommodation in Karoo Nat Park which provides chalets and camping. Accommodation is not included in the above fee.
- Saturday evening 19:30: gala dinner, prize giving, lucky draws and presentation by Dave Pepler. Sunday presentation by Vernon Head, relax, enjoy the park, return home safely.
- Participants will be limited to 40; therefore it is essential to book as soon as possible but not later than 30 September 2013.
Contact Japie Claassen at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 4142980 or cell 083 7247916
FRIDAY 25 OCTOBER
- Registration: 14:00 – 17:00 Conference Room Karoo National Park. Receive “Goody” bags
- Welcoming: 18:00 (drinks) - Melvin de Klerk
- Arrangements: Johan de Klerk - Senior Section Ranger
- Setting up of teams: Japie Claassen
- Adjournment: 19:00 Birding Bonanza begins. Teams decide for themselves when they wish to start birding
SATURDAY 26 OCTOBER
- Birding: Own Time
- Handing in of bird lists: 18:00.
- Dinner and Prize-giving: 19:30 in Karoo Nat Park
- Presentation by Dave Pepler
- After dinner
- Short speeches and acknowledgements
- Prize giving
- Lucky draws
- Coffee and sweets
SUNDAY 27 OCTOBER
- 09:00 Presentation by Vernon Head, chairman of Birdlife SA
- In your own time you can visit:
- The “Interpretive Centre” (Museum)
- Walk the trails (Fossil, “Bossie” and Pointer - with ranger)
- Enjoy the quiet and beauty of our park.