Located in the eastern Karoo near Middelburg Cape, Erin Farmhouse and Cottages offers guests individual farm-style cottage accommodation in a beautiful farm setting.
The tranquillity, fresh air, and sweeping views across the open Karoo farmland to the nearby Renosterberg mountains make this peaceful homestead the perfect place to relax and unwind.
Erin is only a few minutes’ drive from Middelburg town, approximately halfway between Johannesburg and the Garden Route/ Cape Town. Located just off the N9 between Middelburg and Graaff-Reinet, the farm provides an excellent stopover point.
The accommodation is pet-friendly, and all units have a 1.2 m high fence to keep your animals safe and contained. The units are fully equipped for self-catering, including braai facilities and a pack of free firewood for you every night. There is a limited menu available – please order in advance. All units have fans and heaters.
At Erin, we respect your right to quiet, undisturbed solitude, and there are no televisions or radios in the rooms, and no music or other disturbances are allowed.
Enjoy watching the sunset over the Renosterberg mountains in the west, perhaps with a sundowner and a braai (BBQ). Spend your time going for a walk, watching the birds and the stars, or sitting back and enjoying tranquillity at its Karoo best.
The du Toit family own this piece of paradise, and the whole family gets involved in making the guests feel at home. Expect a warm Karoo welcome from Justin, Freyni and their sons, Max and Jack.
GPS : 31°36'25.00"S / 25° 0'48.00"E
Directions from Gauteng/Free State
N1 to Bloemfontein and Colesberg. At Colesberg, take the N9 split to Port Elizabeth—Middelburg is 90 km further, via Noupoort. Remain on the N9 and bypass Middelburg town. At the 3-way stop on the outskirts of town, take the right hand split, N9 to Graaff Reinet / George. 10 km from the 3-way stop, is the first Erin sign and 500m further, Erin gateway is on the left. The Country House is 2 km further on a gravel road in good condition.
Directions from the coast
Graaff Reinet - take N9 and 80 kms from Graaff Reinet on the N9, you will see a “Middelburg 10 km” sign, Erin gateway is 1 km further on the right and the Country House is 2km further on a gravel road in good condition
Accommodation Rates - 2022/2023
NOTE: Rosemary Lodge has a minimum charge of R1290.
Adult sharing (accom. only) R430
Adult single (accom. only) R730
Children 3-12yrs sharing R215
Children >3yrs sharing R0
Pensioner sharing (accom. only)* R350
*Reduced rate for pensioners not applicable in Peak Season (December/January)
• Rates should be a guideline only. Please confirm rates before making any bookings
• We endeavour to accommodate guests in the unit requested/booked however due to business demands, a booking may have to move/change to another unit
• No credit card facilities - payments in cash or bank transfer, please
• All the units are 100% fully self-catering
• Tea, coffee, sugar, milk, and wood (one bag with firelighter + matches) provided
Although every unit is 100% self-catering, to make your stay more comfortable, we also offer you the following food and catering options - please order in advance!
• Breakfast baskets (muffins, boiled eggs, yoghurt, juice, fruit) @ R80 per person
• Braai pack (uncooked, for you to braai, including lamb chop, steak, and boerewors) with salad and freshly baked bread (with butter and jam) @ R150 per person
• Two-course dinners, served with potatoes, salad (all food freshly prepared), and dessert/pudding choose from:
>>> rump steak (min 350g) @ R180 per person
>>>chicken fillet with rosemary and garlic @ R150 per person
>>>lamb chops (3) @ R180 per person
One bag of braai wood supplied
Extra braai wood is available @ R40 per bag