The Great Fish River Museum is housed in a building in Commissioner Street behind the municipal offices.
The Museum depicts the earlier history of the Eastern Province pioneers from 1840 to 1900. The coach house, houses an ox wagon, a four-horse cart, a Cape cart and a hearse from the early settlers period.
The garden is a typical example of a parsonage garden of 100 years ago.
Displays in the main building show the history of Cradock, the 1820 Settlers and Voortrekkers.
A new addition to the main building is a photographic display of Nelson Mandela and his life in the struggle. Also on the premises, The Cradock Four Gallery comprises of a text and photo display on the history of these well known activists.
Opening hours: Tuesdays – Fridays: 08:00 – 16:00
Saturdays: 08:00 – 12:00